With budget billing, you can control your energy spending in a better manner, as it allows you to get an estimate of your monthly payment. Customers can request Budget Billing by simply signing up for My Account Services.
Duke Energy Budget Billing Program Benefits
- Budgeting becomes easier.
- The predictable amount for monthly bills.
- No additional fee is charged for the service.
How the Budget Billing Program Works
- The monthly amount for Budget Billing is calculated by taking the average of your actual bill amount of the past 12 months. This includes local taxes, franchise fees, private area lighting, and energy management credits. The amount thus calculated will be the same for 3 months, at least.
- Your meter will still be monitored each month. The monthly bill reflects the actual energy consumed, the actual amount of the bill, and the balance deferred to your account.
- The deferred balance shown in your account is the difference between the actual billed amount and the predicted Budget Billing amount. It can either be a credit or a debit.
- Your Budget Billing amount is revised every three months, to reflect the average of the past 12 months’ actual bill amount and the deferred balance.
In case you have not established usage for 12 months, the average bill amount is determined by taking into consideration the consumption history of the previous occupant. For newly constructed houses, i.e. those that do not have a consumption history, the average of the area is considered.
Duke Energy Budget Billing Eligibility Criteria
To qualify for budget Billing, customers should meet the following criteria:
- They should have a residential account.
- No past balance should be due.
- The credit history of customers should be good.
*If past balances are due, customers can be removed from the Budget Billing program for a period of 12 months.
The Last Say
The most convenient way to register yourself for Budget Billing is to sign up for My Account Services. If you have already done that, you can just login to enroll yourself for Budget Billing.